Siccura Ltd (“our”, “we” or “us” and other related pronouns) provides users (each user, “you”) with an “Over the Top” solution to protect and secure various forms of communication, such as Email, SMS, Instant messages and Data Storage.
Please read these Terms of Service (these “Terms”) carefully. These terms explain how you can use the services (which includes but is not limited to Siccura Family, Siccura Work, n-gage messenger), on mobile and desktop applications provided by Siccura Ltd.
By installing, accessing, or using our apps, services, features, software, or website (together “Services”) on Android, iOS or desktop devices you agree to be bound by the terms of service between you (the “user”) and Siccura Ltd, company registration no. 0749110, registered office at 13 Montpelier Avenue, Bexley, Kent, DA5 3AP. If you do not agree to be bound by the terms, you may not access or use this service or the website.
IF YOU ARE A USER LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR CANADA, OUR TERMS CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION, WHICH STATES THAT, EXCEPT IF YOU OPT OUT AND EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES, SICCURA LTD AND YOU AGREE TO RESOLVE ALL DISPUTES THROUGH BINDING INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION, WHICH MEANS THAT YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO HAVE THOSE DISPUTES DECIDED BY A JUDGE OR JURY, AND THAT YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN CLASS ACTIONS, CLASS ARBITRATIONS, OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTIONS.
Compliance With Our Terms
These terms refer to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of the Services:
- Acceptable and Fair Use Policy, which sets out the rules of good behaviour applicable to your use of our services
- Cookies Policy, which sets out the usage of cookies, web beacons, and log files
You must comply with these terms in your use of our services and only use our services as permitted by applicable laws and regulations wherever you may be when you use them.
If you are using our services on behalf of a company, partnership, association, government, or other organisation, you warrant that you are authorised to do so and that you are authorised to bind your organisation to these terms and in such circumstances “you” will include your organisation.
We may translate these terms into multiple languages, and in the event, there is any difference between the English version and any other language version of these terms, the English version will prevail (to the extent permitted by applicable law).
If you do not agree to the terms, you must not use our services.
For users located in the United States or Canada the following country-specific terms will also apply to your use of our services:
- Siccura Ltd and you each agree to waive the right to a trial by judge or jury for all disputes. We and you each agree that if you are a user located in the United States or Canada, each of we and you may bring disputes against the other only on its or your behalf, and not on behalf of any other person or entity, or any class of people.
To the extent that any of the additional policies are different from these Terms of Service, the relevant terms of the additional policies will apply, except that nothing in those additional policies will (unless expressly indicated otherwise in those additional policies) amend these Terms of Service (which will apply in the event there is any difference).
To the extent that any country-specific terms differ from these Terms of Service, or any of the additional policies, the relevant country-specific terms will apply, regardless of which section of these Terms of Service, is in question.
Use of Our Service
You must register to use the Service using accurate data. You agree to receive One-time passwords from us or third party providers in the form of SMS or email to register for our services.
Any account that you create with us is personal to you. You are prohibited from gifting, lending, transferring, or otherwise permitting any other person to access or use your account. We reserve the right to disable, deactivate, or terminate your account for reasons including but not limited to a violation of our terms.
You understand that you are responsible for safeguarding any passwords used to access your account and our services. You must promptly notify us at email@example.com, if you know or suspect that your password or account has been compromised.
You acknowledge and agree to provide us the information of the contacts in your device address book. This contact information includes but is not limited to phone numbers and email addresses.
By using the Service, you can connect your email, cloud, and/or local storage accounts. By using the Service, you acknowledge and agree to give Siccura Ltd permission to access your data so that it can be synchronised with the application.
You must be at least 13 years old to use our services (or such greater age required in your country for you to be authorised to use our services without parental approval). In addition to being of the minimum required age to use our services under applicable law, if you are not old enough to have authority to agree to our terms in your country, your parent or guardian must agree to our terms on your behalf.
Devices and Software
You must provide certain devices, software, and data connections to use our services, which we otherwise do not supply. For as long as you use our services, you consent to downloading and installing updates to our services, including automatically.
You agree that to enable you to access certain services and functionalities, we may access certain hardware and software on your device, including but not limited to device information, camera, microphone, calendar, and gallery.
Fees and Taxes
You are responsible for all carrier data plan and other fees and taxes associated with your use of our services. We may charge you for our services, including applicable taxes. We may refuse or cancel orders.
Once you have downloaded the Service, you can message, chat with and call any other users free of charge in accordance with the Acceptable and Fair Use Policy.
In addition, you are offered the opportunity to access additional features and become a premium user on payment of certain charges from time to time. You may become a premium user by purchasing the additional features in-app or through the website.
Your use of the premium features will be subject to the terms and conditions governing such premium features, from time to time. If you are acquiring the premium features for a fixed period, then the license set out above for use of such premium features applies only for the subscription period for which you have paid the requisite charges or fees.
Your license to use the premium features after the expiry of such period is conditional upon further payment of the requisite fees or charges. We will notify you seven (7) days prior to the expiry of the period for which you have paid the requisite charges and fees. You must comply with the terms of payment as contained herein in relation to your payments with us.
Terms Of Payment
If you choose to access certain additional features and become a premium member you must provide your name and billing information so that your payment for the use of such additional features can be processed.
A valid credit/debit card is required for all paying accounts. The premium feature will be billed in full in advance. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of use of the premium feature or refunds for months unused with an open account.
You may also make a payment for using the additional features on the website. To purchase the premium features, you will be required to provide your credit/debit card information and other such billing details required to process the payments.
If you purchase any premium feature, you agree to pay all charges which includes but is not restricted to taxes as applicable, any charges by us or the online application stores, or bank transaction charges when payment is made through credit card, or debit card or any other bank medium at the time of purchase or download. You hereby agree to abide by the relevant terms of service or other legal agreement that governs such medium or method used for payment.
Once the payment for a premium or additional feature has been processed, you will be able to immediately access and use such feature.
In case of in-app product subscriptions purchased by you, the subscription may be cancelled by you when you wish to do the same and refund can be claimed within 7 (seven) days from purchasing the in-app product by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Refunds can be directly availed from the App Store or Google Play Store provided that the payments have been made from their payment gateways.
If you believe that we have charged you in error, you must contact us at: email@example.com within thirty (30) days of such charge. No refunds will be given for any bank charges appearing on your bank statement. No refunds will be given for any charges more than thirty (30) days old.
We reserve the right to refuse a refund request if we reasonably believe:
- That you are trying to unfairly exploit this refund policy, for example, by making repetitive refund requests in respect of the same product or feature.
- If you are in breach of any of the terms (including without limitation, the terms of the License)
- If we reasonably suspect that you are using any of our products fraudulently or that your user account is being used by a third-party fraudulently.
When you submit, upload, transmit, or display any data in connection with your use of our services, you understand and agree that:
- The Services are “Over the Top” applications which allow you to continue to use your existing third-party service providers such as Gmail, Google Drive, and Drop Box.
- Your content will continue to be stored/shared via the third-party service provider that you use. Your content does not get synchronised with the servers.
- Any content that you share with other users can be recalled by you at any time. Likewise, you provide your consent that the content that is shared by other users with you through the service can also be recalled by them at any time. When the content is recalled by the user it will be deleted from your account and you will not be able to view it. An encrypted format of that communication will remain on the third-party service you use; however, you will not be able to read it as it will be encrypted.
- You are giving us and our affiliate companies the right to use your content (with no fees or charges payable by us to you) solely for the purposes of providing, promoting, developing, and improving our services, including new services that we may provide in the future.
- We may share your content with third-parties that we work with to help provide, promote, develop and improve our Services. These third-parties (other than our affiliate companies) will not make any separate use of your content for their own purposes (i.e. for any purposes that are not related to our Services). The sharing of your content with such third-parties shall be in accordance with these terms.
- By using the services, you acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for taking a backup of your encryption keys.
- If you choose to secure your backup with a password, then you are solely responsible for remembering it at the time of restoring your backup.
- You acknowledge that the Service is not able to restore any password protected backup without the correct password being entered at the time of restoring the backup.
- By using the Service you can encrypt your emails, text messages, and files and photos that are stored on the cloud, and/or local storage.
- Content that you encrypt using the Service cannot be decrypted and viewed on any third-party platform and will only appear in an encrypted format on any platform other than the application which has your encryption keys.
- You acknowledge that if you uninstall the app without taking a backup of your encryption keys you will no longer be able to decrypt your content even if you reinstall the Service.
- You acknowledge that if you uninstall the app you will no longer be able to read the content that you had sent, shared, or stored using the app.
- In order to continue to have access and read the content you can keep the free version installed and use it to access the encrypted content.
In addition, you understand and agree that we and our affiliate companies (subject to the terms and applicable laws and regulations):
- May retain and continue to use your content after you stop using our services.
- May be required to retain or disclose your content to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to comply with a court order, subpoena or other legal process. We and our affiliate companies may disclose your content in response to a lawful request by a government authority, law enforcement agency or similar body (whether situated in your jurisdiction or elsewhere). You also agree that we may need to disclose your content to enforce these terms, protect our rights, property or safety, or the rights, property or safety of our affiliate companies or other users of our services.
When you submit, upload, transmit, or display any data in connection with your use of our services, you understand and agree that if you seek to delete your content from our services, it may as a technical and administrative matter take some time or not be possible to achieve this. We will not transfer your personal data and content to third-party or any affiliate in any country or territory unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for your rights and freedoms in relation to the processing, storing and retention of personal data.
Third-Party Content and Services
Our services may allow you to access, use, or interact with third-party websites, apps, content, and other products and services. For example, you may choose to use third-party data backup services (such as iCloud or Google Drive) that are integrated with our services or interact with a share button on a third-party website that enables you to send information to your contacts. Please note that when you use third-party services, their own terms will govern your use of those services.
- We are not responsible for and we do not endorse, support, or guarantee the lawfulness, accuracy or reliability of any content submitted to, transmitted, or displayed by or linked by our services, including content provided by other users of our services or by our advertisers.
- You acknowledge and agree that by using our services you may be exposed to content which is inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, offensive, or unlawful.
- Any reliance on or use of any content on or accessible from our services by you is at your own risk. Your use of our services does not give you any rights in or to any content you may access or obtain in connection with your use of our services.
- We also do not guarantee the quality, reliability, or suitability of any third-party services provided, made available, or linked through our services and we will bear no responsibility or liability for such third-party services.
- By using our services, you expressly acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any damages, claims or other liability arising from or related to your use of any third-party services or by your reliance on any third-party content hosted by Siccura Ltd. If you access third-party services through our services, you must comply with any terms applicable to those services.
- We may review (but make no commitment to review) content or third-party services made available through our services to determine whether they comply with our policies, applicable laws and regulations or are otherwise objectionable. We may remove or refuse to make available or link to certain content or third-party services if they infringe intellectual property rights, breach copyright laws, are obscene, defamatory or abusive, violate any rights or pose any risk to the security or performance of our services.
- There may be, from time to time, third-party content and services on our services that are subject to further terms, including terms from the relevant third-party that originally produced such content and services (for instance, the news agency that was responsible for writing a news article that then appears on our news service). In such cases, you agree to comply with any such further terms as notified to you.
- If you have any concerns regarding any content on or any other aspects of our services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are not responsible or liable for and we do not endorse, support, or guarantee the quality, reliability or suitability of any third-party software. Any reliance on or use of such third-party software is at your own risk. By using our services, you expressly acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any damages, claims, or other liability arising from or related to your use of any third-party software.
You shall be responsible to ensure your compliance with any additional terms that may be applicable to any such third-party software.
We do not provide any technical support for any third-party software. Please contact the relevant supplying third party for such technical support.
Open Source Software
There may be provisions in the open source software’s license that expressly overrides these terms, in which case such provisions shall prevail to the extent of any conflict with these terms.
We will credit the relevant open source software (including notifying you of the relevant open source software terms) within our services, within an appendix to these terms and/or in another manner.
Our services may include advertising or commercial content. You agree that we can integrate advertising or commercial content into our services and that (where reasonably practicable) we will identify paid services and communications.
You also agree to be supplied with targeted advertising to try to enable us to make advertising more relevant and valuable to you.
- Products and services of ours (or our affiliate and subsidiary companies and joint venture partners), including services in relation to messaging, online media and advertising, interactive entertainment, social networking, e-commerce, news and information, payment, internet search, location and mapping, applications, data management, and other related software and services (“Internet Services”)
- Third party providers of Internet Services and products and services including but not limited to dining, food and beverages, sports, music, film, television, live performances and other arts and entertainment, books, magazines and other publications, clothing and accessories, jewellery, cosmetics, personal health and hygiene, electronics, collectibles, housewares, appliances, home decoration and furnishings, pets, automobiles, hotels, transport and travel, banking, insurance and financial services, loyalty and reward programs and other products and services that we think may be relevant to you.
- If required by applicable laws, we will honour your request for us to not use your personal information for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to make such a request, please:
b. Follow the relevant instructions on our marketing messages.
c. If available, follow the instructions as set out in certain service-specific guidance (in relation to the relevant service).
4. Please note that we will not share your personal information with advertisers unless you have given us your consent to do so. We do, however, share non-personal information with advertisers for the purposes of offering you advertising that is more relevant to you.
The Applications can be downloaded from third-party application stores including but not limited to Google Play, and the Apple App Store.
You agree to comply with all third-party terms and conditions and privacy policies applicable to the use of our services. Siccura Ltd shall not be responsible or liable for violation and infringement of any third-party rights or terms and conditions in connection with access, download, or installation of the app by you.
Subject to your compliance with the terms, Siccura Ltd shall grant you a licence to use the app and related services, strictly in accordance with the terms, provided that:
- You shall use the app solely for your personal and lawful purposes only.
- You shall not, nor allow third-parties on your behalf to:
- Resell or charge others for the use of the Services
- Duplicate, disassemble, decompile, transfer, exchange, translate or create derivative works of the app of any kind whatsoever or attempt to reverse engineer, alter or modify any part of the app.
- You warrant to otherwise comply with the terms (hereinafter referred to as the “License”).
- For avoidance of any doubt this license is a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub licensable, and revocable and a limited license to download and use the app on devices that you own or control.
As our services and user experiences are constantly evolving, we may from time to time, add, change, modify, discontinue or remove features from our services (including in relation to whether a service is free of charge or not), without cause, temporarily or permanently with or without any notice to you.
You agree that Siccura Ltd shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Service.
Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights in or to our services and software (including any future updates, upgrades and new versions) will continue to belong to us and our licensors. Except as expressly provided in these terms.
You have no right to use our intellectual property rights. You have no right to use our trademarks or product names, logos, domain names, or other distinctive brand features without our prior written consent.
Any comments or suggestions you may provide regarding our services are entirely voluntary and we will be free to use these comments and suggestions at our discretion without any payment or other obligation to you.
Where our services involve you downloading and using any software from us, we grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-sub licensable, non-transferable, royalty-free and revocable license to use the software to use our services in accordance with these terms (including any specific technical requirements that relate to the software or its use on your device).
You may not copy, modify, reverse compile, reverse engineer, or extract source codes from our software, except to the extent that we may not prohibit you from doing so under applicable laws or regulations or you have our prior written consent to do so. Where applicable laws or regulations entitle you to reverse compile or extract source codes from our software, you will first contact us to request the information you need.
We may from time to time provide updates to our software. Such updates may occur automatically or manually. Please note that our services may not operate properly or at all if upgrades or new versions are not installed by you. We do not guarantee that we will make any updates available for any of our software, or that such updates will continue to support your device or system.
Warranty and Disclaimer
We warrant to you that we will provide our services using reasonable care and skill.
APART FROM THIS WARRANTY, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATION, ALL OF OUR SERVICES AND SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND NEITHER US NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATE OR GROUP COMPANIES NOR ANY OF OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, ASSOCIATES, AGENTS, OR OFFICERS MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OR GIVES ANY UNDERTAKING IN RELATION TO OUR SERVICES, OUR SOFTWARE OR ANY CONTENT SUBMITTED, TRANSMITTED, OR DISPLAYED BY OUR SERVICES, INCLUDING:
- ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING THAT OUR SERVICES OR SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE OR FREE FROM VIRUSES.
- THAT OUR SERVICES OR SOFTWARE WILL BE COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR DEVICE.
- THAT OUR SERVICES OR SOFTWARE WILL BE OF MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NOT INFRINGE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF ANY PERSON. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATION, YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND UNDERTAKINGS.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE SERVICE IS PURELY MEANT FOR YOUR PERSONAL PURPOSES ONLY. WE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY GUARANTEE AS TO THE PERFORMANCE OF OUR SERVICES, SOFTWARES OR CONTENT. IN THIS RESPECT YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO HOLD US, OUR AFFILIATE AND GROUP COMPANIES, OUR DIRECTORS, ASSOCIATES, AGENTS AND OFFICERS HARMLESS FROM ALL DIRECT AND INDIRECT CLAIMS ARISING FROM PRODUCT LIABILITY AND UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO TAKE APPROPRIATE PRECAUTIONS AND MEASURES WHILE USING OUR SERVICES TO PREVENT MISUSE OF YOUR CONTENT IN ANYWAY.
Liability For Our Services And Software
To the extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations, the total aggregate liability of us and our affiliate companies for all claims in connection with the terms or our services or software, arising out of any circumstances, will be limited to the lesser of the following amounts:
- The amount that you have paid to us for your use of our service or software to which the claim relates in the 6 months immediately preceding the date of the most recent claim.
- GBP 25 (twenty-five pounds sterling).
To the extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations, in no event will we or any of our affiliate companies, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations, be liable under any circumstances for any indirect, special, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages or for any loss of business, revenues, profits, goodwill, content or data.
Notwithstanding any other provisions of the terms, nothing in the terms limits or excludes any of your statutory rights in your jurisdiction, to the extent these may not be excluded or waived under applicable laws and regulations.
You agree that you will be responsible for complying with applicable local law in your jurisdiction for use of the app.
Please note that we are not responsible or liable for any third-party charges you incur (including any charges from your internet and telecommunication services providers) in relation to or arising from your use of our services or software.
YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD US, OUR AFFILIATE AND GROUP COMPANIES, OUR DIRECTORS, ASSOCIATES, AGENTS AND OFFICERS HARMLESS FROM ALL DIRECT AND INDIRECT CLAIMS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, OBLIGATIONS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, COSTS OR DEBT, AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LAWYERS OR LEGAL FEES) ARISING FROM:
- YOUR USE OF AND ACCESS TO THE SERVICES
- YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE TERMS
- YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS
- ANY CLAIM THAT YOUR CONTENT SUBMISSIONS CAUSED DAMAGE TO A THIRD PARTY
THE OBLIGATIONS CONTAINED IN THIS CLAUSE SHALL SURVIVE THE TERMS OF SERVICE AND YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES.
This Agreement commences on the date you accept these terms, that is, on the date you download and install the app on your device. We may terminate or suspend your use of the app or the website at any time at our discretion, without notice to you.
These terms will apply to your use of our services until access to the relevant services is terminated by either you or us.
We may suspend, deactivate, or terminate your access to your account or any or all our services:
- If we reasonably believe that you have breached these terms
- If your use of our services creates risk for us or for other users of our services, gives rise to a threat of potential third-party claims against us or is potentially damaging to our reputation
- If you fail to use our services for a prolonged period
- For any other reason.
Where reasonably practicable, we will give you notice of any suspension or termination.
Transfer Of Rights And Obligations
You shall not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of this contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it.
We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the contract, without your prior consent.
Events Outside Our Control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”).
A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster or circumstances beyond our control, failure of the use of public or private telecommunications networks, the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
Our performance under the terms is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the terms may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event. You acknowledge and agree that in no event will our partners or affiliate companies have any liability under these terms.
You acknowledge and agree that, you have not relied on any representation, undertaking or promise or implied any warranty or thing, whether said by spoken words or in writing except as expressly stated herein.
The invalidity of any provision of the terms (or parts of any provision) will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision (or the remaining parts of that provision).
If a court holds that we cannot enforce any part of the terms as drafted, we may replace those terms with similar terms to the extent enforceable under applicable law, without changing the remaining terms of the terms.
No delay in enforcing any provision of the terms will be construed to be a waiver of any rights under that provision. Any rights and obligations under the terms which by their nature should survive, including but not limited to any obligations in relation to the liability of, or indemnities (if any) given by, the respective parties, will remain in effect after termination or expiration of the terms.
The headings in the terms and conditions are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. The terms and conditions fully operate permissible by law.
Our Right To Vary The Terms
We have the right to revise and amend these terms from time to time, so please come back and review them from time to time.
By continuing to use our services after any changes to these terms, with or without notice from us, you are agreeing to the revised Terms of Service.
You agree that at any point of time, you will be subject to the terms as last revised and in force.
Except to the extent that:
- Any applicable additional terms incorporated into the terms provide differently
- The applicable laws and regulations of your jurisdiction mandate otherwise (for instance, you may have statutory rights in your jurisdiction in relation to bringing or defending claims in a local court (including small claims court (or similar court), the terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the terms will be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. You irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts in England, for all disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement.
Version 12: 26th January 2021
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Siccura Ltd. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
Table of Contents
- What is our Zero-Knowledge policy?
- What information we do not collect?
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use your information?
- Will your information be shared with anyone?
- Who will your information be shared with?
- Is your information transferred internationally?
- What is our stance on third-party websites?
- How long do we keep your information?
- How do we keep your information safe?
- Do we collect information from minors?
- What are your privacy rights?
- Controls for do-not-track features
- Do we make updates to this policy?
- How can you contact us about this policy?
1. What is our Zero-Knowledge policy?
In Short: We do not know who you are, what your communications are or who you are talking to.
We take your privacy very seriously and that is why we maintain a Zero-Knowledge policy. When you use our services, the personal information you provide (such as your mobile number and email address) is encoded at source on your device using a one-way hash algorithm. This algorithm converts the data into a unique unbreakable code that even we cannot read. There is no point in time when your personal data is visible to the servers or service administrators.
We make your content readable to you alone. Most encryption systems only encrypt your data during transmission. This means that anyone with physical access to the servers on which your data is stored (such as the company’s staff) could have access to it.
The one-way encoding process we use is comprehensive – even with physical access to the servers, third-parties and we cannot read your data. All they can see are sequentially numbered rows of encoded undecipherable data.
Your message content and data for your third-party service providers (such as Gmail, Outlook or Google Drive) is never sent to our servers. If you choose to have an IM account or a Cloud account provided by us, your content and data will follow the same comprehensive encryption process and will be stored on our server. In both cases, your device will encrypt the message content and send it to the server. Neither your third-party service provider nor we will be able to decrypt and read your content. Only you have the ability to decrypt and read your content. The encryption key required to decrypt the content you share with a friend is sent via a separate channel using a separate server. This encryption key is also encrypted by your device and only you will be able to decrypt it, even we will not be able to access this data.
All data passing through the client is encrypted by default and plain data (in a readable format) never leaves your device unless you specifically select it. Your private encryption key used to encrypt the data is never shared with anyone, even we do not have it.
You can also sync your contacts with our servers so that you can connect with your friends. This contact data also follows our strict Zero Knowledge policy, which means that it is encoded at source using a one-way hash algorithm. This algorithm converts the data into a unique unbreakable code that even we cannot read. There is no point in time when your contact data is visible to the servers or service administrators.
At registration you have the option to enter an email address so that we can send you marketing and promotional updates. This information will be encrypted but it will not be converted using a one-way hash algorithm into a unique unbreakable code because we may need to read the data so that we can send you marketing and promotional updates and for password recovery purposes.
2. What information we do not collect
In Short: We do not collect your personal data or content such as your IM, email, SMS, Cloud content etc.
We do not collect any of your personal content that you may choose to synchronise with our Apps, including any data from third party service providers such as Google (Gmail, Drive, etc.).
We do not collect any of your personal content that you access through the Sites or Apps, such as the content you store on cloud storage platforms, your email content or attachments, SMS message content etc.
3. What information do we collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect encrypted personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data, and payment information.
We maintain a Zero-Knowledge policy. When you use our services, the information you provide is converted into a unique unbreakable code that even we cannot read (see the section headed “What is our Zero-Knowledge policy?”).
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the Sites or Apps, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Sites or Apps (such as posting messages in our online forums or entering competitions, contests or giveaways) or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites or Apps, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data. We collect your name, email address, phone number, country, and other similar contact data. All of which follows our Zero-knowledge policy.
Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Payment Data. We use third-party processors such as Google Play Store, Apple App Store, and PayPal to process your payments. If you make purchases, data necessary to process your payment, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument may need to be collected. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
If you choose not to provide certain data, the quality of your experience may be impacted.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Sites or Apps for security, analytics and reporting purposes.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites or Apps. The information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your:
- IP address
- Browser and device characteristics
- Operating system
- Language preferences
- Referring URLs
- Device name
- Information about how and when you use our Sites or Apps
- And other technical information
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites or Apps, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Information collected through our Apps
In Short: We may collect information regarding your geo-location and mobile device when you use our apps to provide location based services.
If you use our Apps, we may also collect the following information:
- Geo-Location Information. We may request access or permission to track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile application, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s calendar, camera, contacts, microphone, reminders, sensors, SMS messages, and storage to provide additional features within the Sites or Apps. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Data. We may automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address.
- Push Notifications: We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the mobile application. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
Information collected from other sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from third party service providers, public databases, marketing partners, other outside sources and from other users to help us diagnose and fix issues.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, as well as from other third parties. We work with companies to help distribute our apps and they may provide information about you in certain circumstances; for example, app stores may provide us with reports to help us diagnose and fix issues.
4. How do we use your information?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfilment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We maintain a Zero-Knowledge policy. When you use our services, some of the information you provide is converted into a unique unbreakable code that even we cannot read (see the section headed “What is our Zero-Knowledge policy)
We use personal information collected via our Sites and Apps, except for the information as mentioned in “What information we do not collect?” above, for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contact with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We do not collect any of your personal content that you access through the Sites or Apps, such as the content you store on cloud storage platforms, your email content or attachments, SMS message content etc.
We may use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. If you choose to provide certain data, we and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the information you send to us for our marketing purposes, only when you have opted in. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the section headed “What are your privacy rights?”).
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Fulfil and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfil and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Sites or Apps.
- To protect our Sites. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Sites or Apps safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites or Apps, products, services, marketing and your experience.
5. Will your information be shared with anyone?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfil business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contact. Where we have entered into a contact with you, we may process your personal information to fulfil the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information, except information as mentioned in “What information we do not collect?” above, in the following situations:
- Other Users. To ensure transparency between users, the sender of a message or content via the application has the ability to view when the receiver has opened the content, how many times it was opened and the IP address from where the content was opened.
- Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites or Apps, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites or Apps over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyse and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
6. Who will your information be shared with?
In Short: We only share information with the following third parties.
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have categorised each party so that you may easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us.
- Allow Users to Connect to their Third-Party Accounts
- Google Account
- Data Backup and Security
- Google Drive and Dropbox Backup
- User Account Registration and Authentication
- Google OAuth 2.0
- Web and Mobile Analytics
- Google Analytics for Firebase
8. Is your information transferred internationally?
In Short: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
If you are accessing our Sites or Apps, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see the section headed “Will your information be shared with anyone?”), in other countries.
9. What is our stance on third-party websites?
In Short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our websites.
10. How long do we keep your information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it, or if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your message content and data is never sent to our servers. The client will encrypt the message content and send it via your third-party service provider (e.g. Gmail), the encryption key required to decrypt the message on the other end is sent via a separate channel.
11. How do we keep your information safe?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organisational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites or Apps is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
No transmission over the internet is completely secure, so we can’t absolutely guarantee that unauthorized parties won’t be able to defeat our security measures. You use the Services at your own risk and are responsible for taking reasonable measures to secure your account (such as choosing a strong, unique password and keeping it secret).
12. Do we collect information from minors?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 13 years of age.
We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 13 years of age. By using the Sites or Apps, you represent that you are at least 13 or that you are the parent or guardian of such minor and consent to such minor dependant’s use of the Sites or Apps. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data, we have collected from children under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
13. What are your privacy rights?
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right:
i. To request access and obtain a copy of your personal information
ii. To request rectification or erasure
iii. To restrict the processing of your personal information
iv. And, if applicable, to data portability.
In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact information provided. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can contact us using the contact information provided.
Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, some information may be retained in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms of Service and/or comply with legal requirements.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites or Apps.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may contact us using the details provided.
14. Controls for do-not-track features
15. Do we make updates to this policy?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
16. How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at email@example.com or by post to:
13 Montpelier Avenue
Version 2 Last modified: 26th January 2021
We provide services for our users to safeguard and protect their communications and data. By accessing or using the services, you agree to the terms of this Acceptable and Fair Use Policy and will be held responsible for any violations hereof. You agree that you are entirely responsible for any content that you post, submit, transmit, distribute or upload through our service. Any use or reliance on any content by you is at your risk, and we shall not accept any liability for any content sent by our users.
You agree that the content shared by other users with you can be recalled at any time by them. When the content is recalled by the user, it will be deleted from your application. However, an encrypted format of that communication will remain on the third party service you use, which you will not be able to read.
We take the safety of our users very seriously. We strongly urge everyone to report suspicious people and sensitive content when they come across it on the Service. You can notify us of any suspicious users or objectionable content by contacting us via the “contact us” link within the app along with a brief description of the problem faced by You. You may also write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We take significant efforts to make sure that the interactions encountered on the app are done so in a safe manner.
- You agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities on or in relation to our services, or allow any person to use your account with us to:
a) impersonate any person or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in registering an account (including by creating a misrepresentative account name or accessing another user’s account) or in making any communications or sharing or publishing any content or information using our services;
b) name squat via your account name in a way that infringes any third party’s intellectual property rights or other rights;
c) send any unsolicited, unauthorised spam (such as spam comments in our social media services), advertising or promotional messages, or any other commercial communications;
d) submit, upload, transmit or display, through our services, any content (whether displayed publicly or not, and whether displayed directly or indirectly to any other users) which in fact or in our reasonable opinion:
i. breaches any laws or regulations (or may result in a breach of any laws or regulations when used in a manner permitted by the Terms of Service);
ii. creates a risk of loss or damage to any person or property;
iii. is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive;
iv. harms or exploits any person (whether adult or minor) in any way, including via bullying, harassment or threats of violence;
v. is unlawful, obscene, threatening, hateful, harassing, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), threatening, profane or otherwise objectionable;
vi. encourages conduct that would be considered to be a criminal offence in any jurisdiction, give rise to civil liability, violate any law or is otherwise inappropriate;
vii. promotes or encourages self-harming;
viii. infringes our rights or any third party’s rights, including any intellectual property rights, contractual rights, confidentiality rights or privacy rights;
ix. is pornographic, sexually explicit, violent or otherwise of a mature nature; or
x. encourages or is likely to encourage any of the above;
e) misuse the content provided such as religious stickers, cards, or themes downloaded from the app;
f) violate any applicable laws or regulations, including credit card fraud or bank account fraud;
g) engage in any illegal or potentially illegal (as determined by us) activities or transactions, including sale of any illicit drugs or money laundering;
h) gamble, provide gambling information or entice others to engage in gambling through any method;
i) use or exploit any of our intellectual property rights (including our trademarks, brand name, logo, any other of our proprietary information or the layout or design of any page), or otherwise infringe on any of our intellectual property rights (including attempting to reverse engineer any applications or software used to access our services);
j) access any of our services, collect or process any content made available through our services, send or redirect any communications through our services, in each case, through the use any automated bots, software, engines, crawlers, scrapers, data mining tools or the like, or attempt to do any of the foregoing;
k) engage in any “framing,” “mirroring,” or other techniques directed at simulating the appearance or function of our services;
l) use our services for any commercial purpose or for the benefit of any third party, except as permitted by the Terms of Service;
m) interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, any user’s or any other party’s access to our services;
n) intentionally distribute viruses, worms, Trojan horses, corrupted files or other malicious code or items;
o) share or publish any other person’s personally identifiable information using our services without their express consent;
p) probe or test the vulnerability of, or otherwise circumvent (or attempt to circumvent) any security features on, our services, our systems or the systems of other users;
q) decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer of the software used to provide our services, or seek to do any of the foregoing, except to the extent that applicable laws and regulations do not allow us to prevent You from doing this;
r) create multiple accounts for disruptive or abusive purposes;
s) post advertisements for solicitations of business or for any other commercial purposes;
t) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, its related systems, networks or servers; or
u) engage in any other activity that encourages any person or entity to breach the Terms of Service (including this Acceptable and Fair Use Policy).
ENGAGING IN ANY OF THE ABOVE ACTIVITIES OR ALLOWING ANY OTHER PERSON TO ENGAGE IN THE ABOVE ACTIVITIES THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT WITH US, SHALL RESULT IN YOUR ACCOUNT BEING PERMANENTLY DELETED OR DISCONTINUED. FURTHER, YOU WILL BE PROHIBITED FROM USING OUR SERVICES IN THE FUTURE.
You may not register for or use our services if:
- You have been convicted of any child abuse offence or sex offence;
- You are less than 13 years of age; or
- We have previously terminated your account and advised You that You may no longer use our services.
Once you have downloaded the Service, you can encrypt and send a limited number of messages and files for free. To use your account on multiple devices, encrypt or store an unlimited number of messages and files, and to access additional privacy features you may need to subscribe to become a premium user from time to time.
In the event you exceed the set limit, then we reserve the right to discontinue your use of such features for such time as we deem fit.
In case you choose to become a premium user by purchasing the additional features, your use of the premium features will be subject to the terms and conditions governing such premium features, from time to time. You must also comply with the terms of payment as contained in the Terms of Service herein in relation to your payments with us for the purchase of such premium features or otherwise.
Should you have any questions about, or any person’s compliance with this Acceptable and Fair Use Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
Siccura Ltd (“our”, “we” or “us” and other related pronouns) provides users (each user, “you”) with an “Over the Top” solution to protect and secure various forms of communication, such as Email, SMS, Instant messages and Data Storage.
Please read this Cookies Policy (these “Terms”) carefully. These terms explain how you can use the services (which includes but is not limited to Siccura Family, Siccura Work, n-gage messenger), on mobile and desktop applications, and website provided by Siccura Ltd.
I. WHAT IS A COOKIE AND WEB BEACON?
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is placed on your computer, mobile phone or other device when you access a website or other web content.
Web beacons are electronic image files or other technologies that may be embedded within websites or emails that may be used to keep count of visitors, record when and if an email or website is viewed, or access certain cookies.
II. WHAT IS A LOG FILE?
- We use log files to gather certain information automatically and store it in our servers.
- When you use the Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website.
- This information may include but is not limited to internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, browser language, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of the pages, time spent on each page and clickstream data.
1. From time to time, our servers automatically gather certain information via cookies and web beacons and store it as Log Data.
2. We use our own cookies and web beacons to personalise your experience on our services and for various other purposes, including:
a. Remembering you. For example, cookies and web beacons can help us identify you as a registered user of our services or keep the preferences or information that you have previously provided;
3. Please note that we use our cookies, log files and web beacons for these purposes, listed above, but may make certain aggregated Non-Personal Information obtained through these cookies and web beacons available to advertisers and other partners to analyse how you and others use our services and to serve advertising.
4. If you do not wish to have this Non-Personal Information used for the purpose of serving you targeted advertisements on your device, you may opt-out by uninstalling the app from your mobile and/or computer device.
IV. SPECIFIC TYPES OF COOKIES:
1. Your browser may enable you to block or manage cookies or web beacons. However, please remember that if you block cookies, we may not be able to provide you with the optimal experience through our services and some of our services may not function properly.
a. Authentication – these cookies notify us when you access our services, so as to enable us to provide suitable services and experiences to you.
b. Security – we use such cookies to ensure the security of your Information and our services, and to prevent fraudulent, criminal or other suspect activities.
c. Functionality – we use such cookies to perform and improve the functions of our services.
d. Analysis and Research – we use such cookies to follow up and improve our services and provide us with reference data for research and development of new services or functions.
V. TURNING OFF AND DELETING COOKIES:
VI. MORE INFORMATION:
For more detailed information about cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org which provides guidance on how to control cookies.
VII. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY:
If you have any concerns about this Cookies Policy you may contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Version 5: dated 26th January 2021